Monday, February 25, 2008

Fish Scramble with peas - Sora Pittu

Dishes made with sora or shark meat are a delicacy. Even in coastal city like visakhaptnam, the shark meat is rare to find. Certain fish taste good only when cooked in a particular way. Ammamma always made fish fry with "vanjaram" and Pittu(or Puttu) with sora. I was told by my aunt Catfish closely resembles vanjaram. However, I am yet to do my analysis on the types of fish. I made pulusu with salmon once - was not bad but not as great as koramenu pulusu. So coming back to pittu, I happen to find shark meat at the market place - the last two pounds. I knew the recipe was easy, but called ammamma for confirmation.

Variation: A fish and rice casserole can be prepared by mixing sora pittu with rice, shredded carrots and cheese of your liking (I like mozarella) and baking in the oven for about 10 minutes at 300F until the cheese melts.

1 comment:

Cham said...

I love Sora puttu , pictures are great :)